Who is Excess?
We are a strategic, solutions focused team of insurance experts working hand in hand to solve problems for Canadian businesses that keep our communities employed and our economy strong. We go above and beyond what is asked, and search for the solutions that provide assurance, security, and confidence.
We embrace the opportunity to grow and evolve, to mature and to improve so we can serve the needs of our broker partners and their clients.
Our industry needs bright, energetic problem solvers who have a passion to find solutions where others cannot. Sound like you? Join us.
Current Job Openings
We currently have openings based in our Markham office.
Job Title: Underwriter – Level 2
- Working under limited direction underwrite new and renewal business on behalf of Lloyd’s Syndicates and Domestic markets, within designated underwriting guidelines and authority levels.
- Ability to write multi-line and package business of various risk size and complexity.
- Quickly and efficiently analyze new and renewal business for risk profitability by assessing exposures and hazards.
Job Title: Underwriter – Intermediate/Senior Based on Commercial Experience Level
- Working under limited direction and within delegated authority guidelines, underwrite new and renewal commercial business on behalf of Lloyd’s Syndicates and Domestic markets.
- Underwrite risks through an in-depth review of the underwriting data, and according to underwriting guidelines, contract authority limits and company standards.
- Write multi-line and package business of various risk size and complexity.
How to Apply
Are you looking to become a team member at a fast-growing managing general agent? Candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to apply. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Excess Underwriting is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org